This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: PR13984 - gdb stops controlling a thread after "Remote 'g' packet reply is too long: ..." error message
- From: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Orgad Shaneh <orgads at gmail dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 08:37:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: PR13984 - gdb stops controlling a thread after "Remote 'g' packet reply is too long: ..." error message
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAGHpTBJLq0RhLo=tTP_BmDzNAaVFCHebBvoom21x-ETT9t4ZQw at mail dot gmail dot com> <570C14D4 dot 3030600 at codesourcery dot com> <CAGHpTBLM5r5xVWzxYv=qZpRz_o-d9=gp_yg+RSYqoEXFBywgfQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
- Reply-to: Luis Machado <lgustavo at codesourcery dot com>
On 04/12/2016 12:16 AM, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 12:19 AM, Luis Machado
On 04/10/2016 09:49 AM, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
Please review the attached patch. It was inspired by the patch
attached to the bug report.
Usually, when you receive that message from GDB it because your target
reported an incorrect register set as a 'g' reply.
The correct solution is to fix your remote target to reply the proper
From the description, it sounds like QEMU needs to be adjusted.
Thanks for your reply.
I don't use QEMU. I did not describe my use case in the bug report,
did just now.
I got that from the bug report.
I got this message when I tried to remotely debug a
mips64-octeon-linux gdbserver 6.8 with GDB >= 7.5.
GDB <= 7.4.1 works well, but with 7.5 and up I receive this message
and the debugger stops functioning.
I suppose GDB 7.5 is slightly incompatible with older gdbserver versions.
What kind of target description does gdbserver return in this case (set
debug remote 1)?