This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] testsuite: Update py-mi-objfile to expect console format print
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Catalin-Dan Udma <catalin-dan dot udma at nxp dot com>, Catalin Udma <catalin dot udma at freescale dot com>, "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 12:59:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] testsuite: Update py-mi-objfile to expect console format print
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1459851290-13123-1-git-send-email-catalin dot udma at freescale dot com> <57039A9E dot 4010408 at redhat dot com> <VI1PR0401MB177699B67ACFF06DB4DB2A33DA9E0 at VI1PR0401MB1776 dot eurprd04 dot prod dot outlook dot com>
On 04/05/2016 12:45 PM, Catalin-Dan Udma wrote:
>> On 04/05/2016 11:14 AM, Catalin Udma wrote:
>>> --- a/gdb/testsuite/gdb.python/py-mi-objfile-gdb.py
>>> +++ b/gdb/testsuite/gdb.python/py-mi-objfile-gdb.py
>>> @@ -24,4 +24,4 @@ import gdb
>>> gdb.execute("set width 101", to_string=True)
>>> # And finally a command that will use the original MI stream, which in a
>>> # buggy gdb will use just-freed data.
>>> +gdb.execute("list main")
>> Do the comments in the test still make sense?
>> From the comment, sounds like the test might no longer be covering
>> what it intended? I.e. do we "use the original MI stream" ?
>> Pedro Alves
> [Catalin Udma] Indeed, the original crash is no longer reproducible: I manually reverted the fixes
> for that crash (gdb/cli/cli-logging.c, gdb/mi/mi-out.c) and the crash is not reproducible anymore
> when running py-mi-objfile.exp.
> It reproduces if I revert also this patch " python: Use console format for output of gdb.execute command"
> Updating the comments would be enough and let the test validate the same scenario?
I think it's good to keep validating the same scenario.
Though maybe there's something else we could add that uses the
MI stream, that'd also expose the crash? Maybe
gdb.execute ("interpreter-exec mi \"-gdb-show width\"")
> "+# And finally a command that will use the console stream without redirection" ?