This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC]: remove inconsistency in printcmd.c:print_scalar_formatted
- From: Kevin Buettner <kevinb at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 16:27:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC]: remove inconsistency in printcmd.c:print_scalar_formatted
- Organization: Red Hat
- References: <3FDA26B1.email@example.com><1031212221704.ZM22539@localhost.localdomain><3FDA636F.firstname.lastname@example.org><400C58E6.email@example.com><400C60C0.firstname.lastname@example.org><20040119231853.GA6132@nevyn.them.org>
On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 18:18:53 -0500
Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 05:57:04PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > >Ping. Could we continue discussing this topic and come to some form of
> > >resolution? The new additional ia64 test failures are annoying.
> > I thought there was basic agreement with your change (It sux less then
> > the current behavior :-). Yes, change it. That way, behavior such as:
> > (gdb) print/x 1.0
> > will at least be more consistent.
> Yeah, I agree, and re-reading Kevin's message I don't think he objects.
Right, no objection from me, but...
> How do you all feel about a more sweeping change instead:
> (gdb) set $doublevar = 2.0
> (gdb) print doublevar
> $1 = 2.0
> (gdb) print (int) doublevar
> $1 = 2
> (gdb) print/x (int) doublevar
> $1 = 2
> (gdb) print/x doublevar
> $1 = 0xc000000000000000
...I like this better.