This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Isuue by using Perl binary mode
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Kptain <kaptain dot biwouak at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 03:19:41 +0400
- Subject: Re: Isuue by using Perl binary mode
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1397478809381-107875 dot post at n5 dot nabble dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> I'm facing some issues after modifying files with Perl (5.14.2) in binary
> I need to remove "../" from path available in binary files.
> But after executing scripts it seems that file is no more readable by
od -t x1 -N $(( 16*16 )) -- yourfile
And compare dumps before and after your script execution.
Keep in mind, that, if the application in question is a something completely
unrelated to your scripts, or even Cygwin in general, you're looking at the
possibility of being in need to completely reconstruct the file format before
being able to successfully edit the file.
> Do you have some recommandations to provide me in order to do these
Doubt this is the right mailing list for education in programming languages.
Search the web for <your favorite language> survival guide.
There's tons of it available for Perl, SED, AWK...
Andrey Repin (email@example.com) 15.04.2014, <03:10>
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple