Re: cygwin qt port- do I have to apply patches or something?

On 3/31/10, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> On 3/31/2010 7:48 PM, mike marchywka wrote:
>> I went ahead and applied the patches and configure at least
>> seems to run. I just assumed the patch files were for reference,
>> shouldn't the source be patched when downloaded or is there
>> a reason for this ( or do I have a larger fundamental problem and
>> applying these patches just lets configure run longer)?
>
> When patches are included you can assume:
>
>    1. The original pristine sources from upstream are included.
>
>    2. Any patches provided need to be applied to the pristine
>       source to get things building for Cygwin.

ok that's fine it seems to be building but I ran into the function pointer
problem that I mentioned in other build and none of the patches
apparently fixed it so I just changed it.

> --
> Larry Hall                              http://www.rfk.com
> RFK Partners, Inc.                      (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
> 216 Dalton Rd.                          (508) 893-9889 - FAX
> Holliston, MA 01746

> A: Yes.
>> Q: Are you sure?
>>> A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
>
> --

marchywka@gmail.com
note new address 2009-12-16:
Mike Marchywka
1975 Village Round
Marietta GA 30064
415-264-8477 (w)<- use this
404-788-1216 (C)<- leave message
989-348-4796 (P)<- emergency only
marchywka@hotmail.com
Note: If I am asking for free stuff, I normally use for hobby/non-profit
information but may use in investment forums, public and private.
Please indicate any concerns if applicable.
Note: hotmail is censoring incoming mail using random criteria beyond
my control and often hangs my browser
but all my subscriptions are here..., try also marchywka@yahoo.com