This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin qt port- do I have to apply patches or something?
- From: "Larry Hall (Cygwin)" <reply-to-list-only-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 21:13:42 -0400
- Subject: Re: cygwin qt port- do I have to apply patches or something?
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 3/31/2010 7:48 PM, mike marchywka wrote:
I went ahead and applied the patches and configure at least
seems to run. I just assumed the patch files were for reference,
shouldn't the source be patched when downloaded or is there
a reason for this ( or do I have a larger fundamental problem and
applying these patches just lets configure run longer)?
When patches are included you can assume:
1. The original pristine sources from upstream are included.
2. Any patches provided need to be applied to the pristine
source to get things building for Cygwin.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Q: Are you sure?
A: Because it reverses the logical flow of conversation.
Q: Why is top posting annoying in email?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple