This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Serial port hangs unless I run Hyperterminal?
- From: andyburgess <AndyBurgess at argonet dot co dot uk>
- To: ebb9 at byu dot net
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 10:29:12 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: Re: Serial port hangs unless I run Hyperterminal?
- References: <4dede53945AndyBurgess@argonet.co.uk>
Thanks all for your replies - I looked into errno - will be useful for future
Thanks to Eric, found my problem was although Cygwin happy with using port
labelled COM1 (and presumably picking up Windows settings thereof - hence
their changing after Hyperterminal), it couldn't do the tcgetattr and
tcsetattr for that port successfully. Using the correct POSIX labelled port
of "/dev/ttyS0" allowed get and set to work perfectly in C!
__ __ __ __ __ ___ _____________________________________________
|__||__)/ __/ \|\ ||_ | /
| || \\__/\__/| \||__ | /...Internet access for all Acorn RISC machines
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html