Cygwin Internalization Roadmap for European Languages

Hello ALL

I'm looking for documentation which can help me to configure cygwin, the
terminal (rxvt) and other stuff (tetex, emacs) for reading and writing texts
in several European Languages (English, Russian, German, Lithuanian) and in
several encodings (UTF-8, UTF-16, UTC, ISO8859-x, KOI8-R ).

I don't really need to mix several languages in one window or in one
document, but I want to have the best possible solution (especially I hate
Windows restarting).

Mr. ALL, give me whole recomendations, please.