This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem Compiling hello world C Program.
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Jag <Jagjit at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:07:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: problem Compiling hello world C Program.
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Jag wrote:
> I know its not a valid program.
> It was a typo and I didn't check it when cutting and pasting the test.
That's what I assumed.
> Like Igor said, the 'Looks like your gcc installation is corrupted'. I have
> copied the 3.2 folder from another PC and all now works.
Please don't do that. It's always better to use the setup program to
install packages -- in particular, because many of them have postinstall
scripts that set up the necessary links, etc.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html