RE: upgrade advice for end users

On 06 January 2007 23:11, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

> [...]

  My position is that if it works in /any/ valid way, it is "working" in the
common-or-garden sense, and that if you want an *authoritative* definition of
'valid', you go look up the specs, rather than indulge in wish-fulfilment.  In
short, I don't think anything was "broken" either before *or* after the recent
change to bash's CR handling, and to describe it as so is a purely pejorative
use of the word.  Since I don't think either one was broken, I don't claim any
special status for whichever way round happens to be to my personal taste.

  So, that would be different from his position.... how exactly?   By a
hundred and eighty degrees different, that's how.

    cheers,
      DaveK