This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: upgrade advice for end users
- From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>
- To: "'The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 17:10:44 -0600
- Subject: RE: upgrade advice for end users
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> From: Dave Korn
> Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 3:44 PM
> To: Thread TITTTL'd!
> Subject: FW: upgrade advice for end users
> On 05 January 2007 23:49, fschmidt wrote:
> > Having just suffered through a cygwin upgrade, I would like to let
> > other end users know what they need to do to get cygwin to work.
> Note how he implicitly believes that the only possible way
> for something to work is however he imagines it should work,
Which is totally different from your position... how exactly?
> and that everything that isn't done exactly how he says it
> should be done is therefore broken. Ego, much?
Gary R. Van Sickle