This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [HEADSUP] Moving setup sources to git
- From: Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo dot de>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 22:48:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [HEADSUP] Moving setup sources to git
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150209162434 dot GD5633 at calimero dot vinschen dot de> <CAKf2h5THPscfVewU=UcXfr20FSVGBu372-tO8RHzrhQ4d461Dg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87386evpen dot fsf at Rainer dot invalid> <54D91FA4 dot 8060302 at dronecode dot org dot uk>
Jon TURNEY writes:
> I'm not sure these are actually package names since they are missing
> the arch?
They were, at the time I created that patch.
>> +Additionally, libgetopt++ (also available from the cygwin-apps CVS at
>> +sourceware.org) must be available directly as a subdirectory
>> +libgetopt++ within the setup source directory. It should be
>> +automatically populated by CVS, but if you are using tools like
>> +CVSgrab, you may need to fetch this yourself.
> This doesn't make sense anymore.
Right, although I still think libgetopt++ should be a subtree or
submodule and not integrated into cygwin-setup.
>> Build commands:
>> 1) Configure using this option
>> $ /path/to/setup/bootstrap.sh
>> - This will automatically rebuild configure files and run configure in the
>> - current directory.
>> + This will automatically rebuild configure files and run configure
>> + in the current directory. The current directory must be outside
>> + the source tree.
> This isn't true.
At the time of writing an in-tree build configuration did not work for
me, although that later turned out to be an unrelated problem IIRC. At
the moment I actually build in-tree since you can't configure both
architectures in an out-of-tree build anyway. If I have lots of time
unexpectedly I might try to figure out how to move the autoconf
machinery out of the source tree to make it possible to build both
architectures from a single worktree.
+<[Q+ Matrix-12 WAVE#46+305 Neuron microQkb Andromeda XTk Blofeld]>+
SD adaptations for KORG EX-800 and Poly-800MkII V0.9: