Re: [Patch] [binutils][testsuite] Allow multiple lines of "as" in testsuite.

> Hi Matthew,
>
> >>   powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0 ... LD ERROR: powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0-readelf does not exist
>
>> I'm having trouble reproducing the PowerPC errors, what was the target
>> triple?
>
> powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0
>
>> You mentioned it might be a problem with choosing which assembler to use
>> -- does that mean you have one on the execution pass?
>
> No, but the tests appears to assume that I do have one, and then fail when
> it cannot be found.  (This is the cause of the "powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0-as does
> not exist" error messages).  The tests should be trying to use the assembler
> in the build tree, rather than an assembler in my search path, which I think
> happens with other tests.
>
> Cheers
>   Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply, I had hoped I'd gotten the triple wrong but no luck ;-(

This is really confusing me -- I'm testing that target triple before and after
my patch and not seeing any of these messages.

Even more confusing the type of the error is strange, I haven't changed
anything to do with the command execution -- the only difference I've made is
in collecting the assembler flags (I basically just run the existing code in a
loop).

Just looking for any difference I can look into: could you have a look at the
flags in the script I'm using (attached & inlined), maybe we're using different
configure flags?

Or are you running the tests natively?

#!/bin/bash

run-tests () {
  pushd ~/Documents/gnu-work/src/binutils-powerpc
  rm -rf *
  ../binutils-gdb/configure --target=powerpc-ibm-aix5.2.0 --disable-werror
  make -j $(nproc)
  make -j $(nproc) -k check-gas
  make -j $(nproc) -k check-ld
  make -j $(nproc) -k check-binutils
  make -j $(nproc) -k check-sim
  find -not \( -path ./gdb/testsuite/outputs -prune -o -name config.log \) \
    \( -name '*.sum' -o -name '*.log' \) \
    -exec cp -t ~/Documents/gnu-work/multiple-as/powerpc-aix-${1}/ \{\} \+
  popd
}

rm -f ~/Documents/gnu-work/multiple-as/powerpc-aix-*/*
cd ~/Documents/gnu-work/src/binutils-gdb

git checkout multiple-as-lines
run-tests after
git checkout $(git merge-base master multiple-as-lines)
run-tests before