This is the mail archive of the binutils@sourceware.org mailing list for the binutils project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [Buildroot] Fwd: [PATCH] arm: ensure symbol is a thumb symbol in new binutils


HI Nick,
On 06/19/2018 02:01 PM, Nick Clifton wrote:
> Hi Romain,
>
>>>>     Does my suggestion of making the assembler's interpretation of
>>>>     the ADR and ADRL pseudo-ops depend upon the -mthumb-interwork
>>>>     switch seem like a good idea ?
>>> I think it's a good trigger but I'm not an expert on this domain.
>> Same here...
>> I'm not sure how many project enable -mthumb-interwork option.
> Well actually that is the point.  By making the ADR/ADRL pseudo-ops
> only set the bottom bit if the -mthumb-interwork option is used, we
> will effectively be restoring the old behaviour of the assembler to
> any project that does not use it.  So the ARM kernel in particular
> will get the old behaviour back, which is what I think is wanted.
>
> So - any objections to the change ?  Anyone ?
>
> Cheers
>    Nick
>
>
>
>
I'm ok with this approach, and I'm available for possible patches to test.

Regards
Christophe

-- 

Best regards / Cordialement,

Christophe Priouzeau | Tel: +33 244027320
STMicroelectronics
ST online: www.st.com<http://www.st.com/>

Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]