This is the mail archive of the binutils@sourceware.org mailing list for the binutils project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
Hi Nick, On 06/05/2018 01:37 PM, Nick Clifton wrote: > Hi Christophe, Hi Romain, > >> I have made several test, with or without the define >> "DEFAULT_THUMB_ADR_SETS_INTERWORKING", >> but my test are always fails (no boot of my kernel). > OK - now I am confused. If changing the behaviour of the ADR and ADRL > pseudo-ops is not working, then what is causing the boot failure ? > > Hmm, or is it that my patch is not working (at all) and not changing > anything. > > Christophe - are you able to supply an assembler source file that > I can try assembling to see what changes, if anything, when I use > the new options ? > > Cheers > Nick > > I'm not able to provide a simplest code which generate a bad assembler. I have only the source code of kernel 4.11 use on my configuration of buildroot. On code generated we see the issue on entry-common.o (arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.o): code ok: f2af 1e3b subw lr, pc, #315 ; 0x13b code KO: f2af 1e3a subw lr, pc, #314 ; 0x13a (see assembler code obtained by objdump) Info: AFLAGS=-Wp,-MD,arch/arm/kernel/.entry-common.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /mnt/internal_storage/stm32f7/buildroot_to_test_02/output/host/lib/gcc/arm-buildroot-uclinux-uclibcgnueabi/6.4.0/include -I./arch/arm/include -I./arch/arm/include/generated/uapi -I./arch/arm/include/generated -I./include -I./arch/arm/include/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__ -mlittle-endian -D__ASSEMBLY__ -fno-PIE -mabi=aapcs-linux -mno-thumb-interwork -mfpu=vfp -funwind-tables -mthumb -Wa,-mimplicit-it=always -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -Wa,-mthumb -D__LINUX_ARM_ARCH__=7 -march=armv7-m -Wa,-march=armv7-m -include asm/unified.h -msoft-float -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wa,-gdwarf-2 /mnt/internal_storage/stm32f7/buildroot_to_test_02/output/host/bin/arm-buildroot-uclinux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc -Wp,-MD,arch/arm/kernel/.entry-common.o.d -nostdinc -isystem /mnt/internal_storage/stm32f7/buildroot_to_test_02/output/host/lib/gcc/arm-buildroot-uclinux-uclibcgnueabi/6.4.0/include -I./arch/arm/include -I./arch/arm/include/generated/uapi -I./arch/arm/include/generated -I./include -I./arch/arm/include/uapi -I./include/uapi -I./include/generated/uapi -include ./include/linux/kconfig.h -D__KERNEL__ -mlittle-endian -D__ASSEMBLY__ -fno-PIE -mabi=aapcs-linux -mno-thumb-interwork -mfpu=vfp -funwind-tables -mthumb -Wa,-mimplicit-it=always -Wa,-mno-warn-deprecated -Wa,-mthumb -D__LINUX_ARM_ARCH__=7 -march=armv7-m -Wa,-march=armv7-m -include asm/unified.h -msoft-float -DCC_HAVE_ASM_GOTO -Wa,-gdwarf-2 -c -o arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.o arch/arm/kernel/entry-common.S PS: More I made test and more I don't understand what are generating the issue. With the test provided on mail thread: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10072631/ , I obtain the same code with the two version of binutils (2.28.1 and 2.30). I Hope this kind of information can help you. Thanks for yours time. Regards Christophe
Attachment:
entry-common_disassembled_kernel_4.11_functionnal.objdump
Description: entry-common_disassembled_kernel_4.11_functionnal.objdump
Attachment:
entry-common_disassembled_kernel_4.11_ko.objdump
Description: entry-common_disassembled_kernel_4.11_ko.objdump
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |