This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] [ARC] Add new ARC EM opcodes.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Claudiu Zissulescu <Claudiu dot Zissulescu at synopsys dot com>, "binutils at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com" <Francois dot Bedard at synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 10:30:17 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] [ARC] Add new ARC EM opcodes.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1456405905-30875-1-git-send-email-claziss at synopsys dot com> <098ECE41A0A6114BB2A07F1EC238DE896617A9D7 at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com> <56E02FAD dot 4060400 at redhat dot com> <098ECE41A0A6114BB2A07F1EC238DE896617B3AD at DE02WEMBXB dot internal dot synopsys dot com>
> I've update the patch to use a number of macros to
> generate those special instructions.
Thanks - although it looks like it took more work to do this,
than was in the original patch. Sorry about that. I was hoping
that the macros would save time and space not need more of them.
> I also added a couple of tests which are checking for the
> macro expansion sanity.
> Moreover, I plan to use those macros in a new feature
> which I still need to add and test.
One small point... why are macros like EXTINSN2OP and EXTINSN3OP
(and their supporting macros) defined in arc-opc.c ? Do you intend
to provide other definitions of these macros in other source files ?
The reason I ask, it that it seems to me that if the macros are
only going to be defined once, then the appropriate place would be
in a header, either arc-ext-tbl.h or arc.h.
If you do want to leave the definitions in arc-opc.c, (and I am OK
with it if you do), then please could you add a small comment to
arc-ext-tbl.h noting where the EXTINSN<n>OP macros are defined.
Approved with this change, or with a change to move the definitions
into a header.