This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Skip ld/lto tests if plugins is disabled for binutils?
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- To: amodra at gmail dot com
- Cc: amker dot cheng at gmail dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:59:53 +0200
- Subject: Re: Skip ld/lto tests if plugins is disabled for binutils?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
> From: Alan Modra <email@example.com>
> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 14:28:57 +0200
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 05:43:26AM +0200, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > There are a couple of simulators suffering from fallout from the
> > regenerated config.in due to older configury bugs
> > (e.g. iq2000-elf, frv-elf, m32r-elf and powerpc-eabisim needs
> > special treatment), but you didn't mention any others.
> I'm about to commit the following to clean up my mess. Adding -ldl in
> AC_PLUGINS fixes the current --disable-shared breakage. It's not
> strictly necessary to add -ldl in directories that use libtool to link
> libbfd, eg. binutils, since libtool magically picks up libbfd
> dependencies (libbfd.la dependency_libs shell variable). However,
> invoking AC_SEARCH_LIBS in AC_PLUGINS has the benefit that it only
> needs doing in one place.
That seems like it'd fix the ppc sim build failure, I'm onto the others.
(They're totally unrelated to any -ldl issue, just sim config
goofs from 2013 undetected until config.in was regenerated.)