This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] microMIPS opcode table loads
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: "Moore\, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore at mentor dot com>
- Cc: "Rozycki\, Maciej" <Maciej_Rozycki at mentor dot com>, "binutils\ at sourceware dot org" <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 07:50:57 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] microMIPS opcode table loads
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F11242012EA8FE05 at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1311082212571 dot 21686 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F11242012EA92560 at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 1 dot 10 dot 1311120110010 dot 21686 at tp dot orcam dot me dot uk> <FD3DCEAC5B03E9408544A1E416F11242012EA9467F at NA-MBX-04 dot mgc dot mentorg dot com>
"Moore, Catherine" <Catherine_Moore@mentor.com> writes:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Maciej W. Rozycki [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
>> Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 8:21 PM
>> To: Moore, Catherine
>> Cc: Richard Sandiford; email@example.com
>> Subject: RE: [PATCH] microMIPS opcode table loads
>> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013, Moore, Catherine wrote:
>> > > I believe ACLR and ASET need to have the attribute set as well, as
>> > > do the DSP load (LWX, etc.) and MSA load (LD.W, etc.) instructions.
>> > > Unsure about PREF and PREFX -- that'll depend on usage and also the
>> > > value of hint, so it may be that we have to leave them alone.
>> > I've attached an updated patch that adds the LW attribute for these
>> > additional opcodes.
>> PREF/PREFE/PREFX? I now see you included them in the standard MIPS part
>> (except from PREFE that'll need a follow-up adjustment), so this one has to
>> stay consistent. Note that some prefetch modes (25) may not actually imply
>> a memory read, but I think it's safe to assume all may.
> I've now updated the micromips opcode table to include the LM attribute
> for the PREF* instructions.
> I've also added the attribute to the PREFE instruction in mips-opc.c.