This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Fix ARM stub misalignment problem caused by cortex-a8 erratum stubs.
- From: =?big5?b?RG91ZyBLd2FuICjD9q62vHcp?= <dougkwan at google dot com>
- To: Doug Kwan <dougkwan at google dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>, binutils at sourceware dot org, Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 09:38:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Fix ARM stub misalignment problem caused by cortex-a8 erratum stubs.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20090731153221.GB22681@caradoc.them.org>
No problem. We ran into this problem but we can certainly wait a few
days. Thanks in advance for the fix. :-)
2009/7/31 Daniel Jacobowitz <email@example.com>:
> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 03:08:36PM -0700, Doug Kwan (Ãö®¶¼w) wrote:
>> This fixes a problem where cortex-a8 erratum stubs cause some ARM
>> stubs to be not 32-bit aligned. This is tested for arm-eabi on an
>> x86_64 hosts by running the linker tests.
> Hi Doug,
> If you haven't checked this in yet, could you wait until next week?
> Nathan Sidwell has a patch that fixes this without wasting space on
> every A8 stub, but he's away for a few days.
> Daniel Jacobowitz