This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] Fix ARM stub misalignment problem caused by cortex-a8 erratum stubs.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Doug Kwan (éæå) <dougkwan at google dot com>, Nathan Sidwell <nathan at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org, Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2009 11:32:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] Fix ARM stub misalignment problem caused by cortex-a8 erratum stubs.
- References: <email@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 03:08:36PM -0700, Doug Kwan (éæå) wrote:
> This fixes a problem where cortex-a8 erratum stubs cause some ARM
> stubs to be not 32-bit aligned. This is tested for arm-eabi on an
> x86_64 hosts by running the linker tests.
If you haven't checked this in yet, could you wait until next week?
Nathan Sidwell has a patch that fixes this without wasting space on
every A8 stub, but he's away for a few days.