This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Problem regenerating bfd/Makefile.in
- From: Michael Eager <eager at eagercon dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 14:57:26 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problem regenerating bfd/Makefile.in
- References: <4A5CBF11.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andreas Schwab wrote:
Michael Eager <email@example.com> writes:
I'm trying to regenerate bfd/Makefile.in after making
changes to bfd/Makefile.am. I'm getting error messages:
Makefile.am:24: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
Makefile.am:24: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'
Makefile.am:24: to `configure.in' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
I've tried adding `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' to configure.in, and running aclocal
and autoconf, as suggested, but autoconf generates several error messages.
Works fine here. Did you pass the right flags to aclocal (from
Probably not. :-)
I built with -enable-maintainer-mode and Makefile.in was
Michael Eager firstname.lastname@example.org
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077