This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [PATCH] ARM - gas: Maximum alignment size augmented to 64
- From: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- To: Daniel Gutson <dgutson at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:09:07 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] ARM - gas: Maximum alignment size augmented to 64
- References: <4A3933BF.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A4F8046.email@example.com> <4A526FA9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
The output of objdump did change,
Disassembly of section .text:
00000000 <foo> f04f 0001 mov.w r0, #1
00000004 <foo+0x4> 46c0 nop ; (mov r8, r8)
so the regexps of the form
00000000 <foo> f04f 0001.*mov.w.*r0, #1.*; 0x1
don't match anymore. change this to
00000000 <foo> f04f 0001.*mov.w.*r0, #1.*
for all four occurrances and the test succeeds.
Daniel Gutson schrieb:
> Hi Matthias,
> I couldn't get the fail, even after updating my sources from mainline.
> Could you please provide more details?
> Matthias Klose wrote:
>> Daniel Gutson schrieb:
>>> in the attached patch, the maximum allowed code alignment has been
>>> increased from
>>> 32 to 64 bytes. This change affects the .p2align and .align directives
>>> in GAS and the
>>> -falign-functions GCC option.
>>> I tested the code by running the gas testsuite, including the new test
>>> case I added.
>> the test case does succeed with binutils 20090622 and the patch
>> applied, it
>> fails with binutils 20090704 and the patch applied.