This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: copy_private_bfd_data in bfd/elf.c question
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Reva Cuthbertson <reva at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: sje at cup dot hp dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 23 Jul 2002 12:19:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: copy_private_bfd_data in bfd/elf.c question
- References: <3D348D79.247E4141@cup.hp.com><email@example.com><3D3C766C.91969D78@cup.hp.com>
> Thanks so much for the patch! I tried it out on HP-UX/IA-64
> with objcopy and strip and it worked for me. Could you check these
> changes in as I do not have write access?
I have checked the patch into the mainline sources.
> Would it be possible to get these changes into the 2.13 branch as
> well as the mainline?
Hmm, well that would be up to Daniel. Since the patch is adding a new
"feature" I would be reluctant to apply it, but since this feature
fixes a bug with the HP-UX IA-64 port I might be tempted to accept it.
> 2002-07-19 Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * elf-bfd.h (struct elf_backend_data): Add new bitfield
> * elfxx-target.h: Set default value for want_p_paddr_set_zero
> to false;
> * elfxx-ia64.c: Set want_p_paddr_set_zero for HPUX target.
> * elf.c (copy_private_bfd_data): Test want_p_paddr_set_zero.