This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [RFA/PATCH] Fix recognition of NT_PRXFREG notes
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Kettenis <kettenis at chello dot nl>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 05 Jul 2002 15:27:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA/PATCH] Fix recognition of NT_PRXFREG notes
- References: <200207041503.g64F3Mj08511@elgar.kettenis.dyndns.org>
> After Alan's 2002-06-25 change some tests in GDB's testsuite have been
> failing on Linux. Turns out the current code that reads NT_PRXFREG
> notes expects note->namesz to be 5, but with the trailing 0, the
> length of "LINUX" is 6. Turns out the Linux kernel doesn't include
> the trailing 0 in the name size. According to the Systemm V ABI the
> trailing 0 should be included, so Alan's change is correct and Linux
> is wrong here. But since changing the Linux kernel isn't going to
> happen overnight, I propose the attached fix.
> Ok to check this in?
> Index: ChangeLog
> from Mark Kettenis <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * elf.c (elfcore_grok_note): Fix recognition of NT_PRXFREG notes.
Approved - but, please add a comment explaining this situation, so
that somebody is not tempted to change the code back.