This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: new port: ip2k
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Alan Lehotsky <apl at alum dot mit dot edu>
- Cc: Denis Chertykov <denisc at overta dot ru>, <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:00:31 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: new port: ip2k
On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Alan Lehotsky wrote:
> BTW, I received numbers 98 and 99 for two ports I had done a while
> ago, so it appears we're into the realm of 3 digit magic numbers...
Better remove all EM_PJ_OLD (99) then.
> BUT, since you already HAVE a customer base using whatever magic
> number was randomly chosen when the binutils port was first done,
> perhaps it's not such a great idea to get an official number (they
> won't sanction a random choice according to the guy who I spoke with
> via email.....)
BFD has support for handling both numbers (actually three,
recognizing old numbers, generating new ones), so it shouldn't
be a problem that the official machine number is different from
the binutils hackeer's telephone number. :-)