Re: "Warning: size of symbol FOO changed from X to Y in OBJ"

"H . J . Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> writes:

> BTW, I believe "Warning: size of symbol FOO changed from X to Y in OBJ"
> is a fatal error if X > Y.

That is not clear to me.  For cases where this warning arises, the
linker is not going to take any action based on the symbol size.  The
linker only uses the symbol size for common symbols, and changes in
common symbol size are handled in a different way.

Ian