This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: "md_apply_fix vs. md_apply_fix3"
- To: Xinan Tang <xinant at cognigine dot com>
- Subject: Re: "md_apply_fix vs. md_apply_fix3"
- From: amodra at one dot net dot au
- Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:51:51 +0930
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3B0B04B6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 05:30:46PM -0700, Xinan Tang wrote:
> Could someone tell me what is difference between these two
> functions in `as':
> md_apply_fix() and md_apply_fix3()
md_apply_fix3 has three arguments, md_apply_fix has two. :-)
> Why do some targets have md_apply_fix3 and some others do not?
md_apply_fix was the original function. At some time it became
necessary to pass the section of the fixup to md_apply_fix, and
instead of changing all back-end md_apply_fix functions, the author
of the change decided to introduce a new macro and function. I
think it would have been cleaner to change all the md_apply_fix
functions. Please use md_apply_fix3 for new targets.