This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
"Relocation info was lost"
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: "Relocation info was lost"
- From: xinant at cognigine dot com (Xinan Tang)
- Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 13:18:01 -0700
- Organization: Cognigine Corporation
I had a difficulty to generate relocatable information in assembler.
When dumping relocation info., I traced down to the last call site,
write.c:1927 bfd_map_over_sections(stdoutput, write_contents, (char *0))
in file write.c. This is the last call to bfd_map_over_sections()
in function write_object_file(). Every relocation record was correctly
stored in the section. However, after the .o file was generated,
the relocation records printed by the `objdump -r' are different
from what I saw in the assembler.
What did go wrong?
Dr. Xinan Tang Member of Technical Staff
EMail: email@example.com Cognigine Corp.
Voice: 510.743.4930 6120 Stevenson Boulevard
Fax: 510.743.4910 Fremont, CA 94538