This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: ld segfault on incrementally linked object
- To: ryan dot bedwell at motorola dot com
- Subject: Re: ld segfault on incrementally linked object
- From: amodra at one dot net dot au
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:23:25 +0930
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- References: <3AFB5970.BFDE62F1@email.sps.mot.com>
On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 10:16:00PM -0500, Ryan Bedwell (ra9407) wrote:
> I'm seeing a bit of strange behavior: I'm getting ld segfaults, and I've
> narrowed it down to unresolved symbols in an object file which was
> created by incrementally linking several other object files. However,
> if I specify the source object files rather than the incrementally
> linked file, it correctly reports the unresolved symbols and exits.
I'll take a look if you send me
a) The configure options you used when building binutils,
b) a set of (preferably small) object files that exhibit the problem,
c) a script or makefile to produce the incrementally linked intermediate
and final ld segfault.