This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Failure of cross-assembling for ARC cpu target
- To: angel <manchado at iies dot es>
- Subject: Re: Failure of cross-assembling for ARC cpu target
- From: amodra at one dot net dot au
- Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 14:55:31 +0930
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, Peter Targett <peter dot targett at arccores dot com>
- References: <20010511002719.A26320@sirius>
On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 12:27:19AM +0200, angel wrote:
> Conclusion: either
> 1) There is a bug in gas (probably not the right conclusion)
> 2) I have configured binutils badly (more probable since it is my first time).
> Whatever the conclusion, help is welcome.
3) gcc-2.95.3 and binutils-2.11 disagree over assembler pseudo-ops.
>From looking at cvs log tc-arc.c, I see
date: 2001/01/11 21:20:17; author: nickc; state: Exp; lines: +924 -334
Updated ARC assembler from arccores.com
with corresponding ChangeLog
* config/tc-arc.c: New updated configuration for
ARC, including selection of core variants, and extensibility of
instructions, registers etc. through directives.
>From the code, it looks like ".cpu" has been replaced by ".option". A
rather sad state of affairs as none of gcc-2.95.x, gcc-3.0, gcc-current
have been updated to use the new syntax. In any case, the old ".cpu"
pseudo-op should remain supported for some years until everyone has updated