This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: binutils-2.11 ld testsuite problems + PATCH
- To: Lucio De Re <lucio at proxima dot alt dot za>
- Subject: Re: binutils-2.11 ld testsuite problems + PATCH
- From: Alan Modra <alan at SPRI dot Levels dot UniSA dot Edu dot Au>
- Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:14:24 +0930 (CST)
- cc: <binutils at sources dot redhat dot com>
On Tue, 8 May 2001, Lucio De Re wrote:
> On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 07:54:52PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> > Weird. I wonder if ld thinks there is something wrong with
> > /usr/lib/libc.so.1? What does "readelf -h /usr/lib/libc.so.1" tell you?
> At the risk of making a total fool of myself, isn't "ld" trying to
> find "-lc" as a file, rather than as an abbreviation for "libc.a"?
No. See ldfile.c:ldfile_open_file, entry->search_dirs_flag != 0.