This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin XFree86 project.
Re: X11 apps failing after upgrade
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 17:10:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: X11 apps failing after upgrade
- References: <0AEFDFCCEC85B24E8051B23293C2CB64018FDDB1@MMMSTCAE1.muac.corp.eurocontrol.int> <0AEFDFCCEC85B24E8051B23293C2CB64018FDDB2@MMMSTCAE1.muac.corp.eurocontrol.int>
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
TOY Richard wrote:
First problem is something to do with permissions.
$ cygport xorg-server-1.5.3-4.cygport prep compile
autoreconf-2.63: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf-2.63: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf-2.63: running: aclocal --force
/usr/bin/m4:configure.ac:1510: cannot create temporary file for
diversion: Permission denied
autom4te-2.63: /usr/bin/m4 failed with exit status: 1
aclocal-1.10: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
autoreconf-2.63: aclocal failed with exit status: 1
*** ERROR: autoreconf failed
Any ideas? This is not really an area I know much about and the error
message is a little cryptic.
I am assuming /tmp exists and is writable
Google seems to suggest that this kind of problem can be caused by antivirus
software etc. (http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.using.html#faq.using.bloda)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html