[RFA]: hw-glue-bus-mux selection behavior

Dave Brolley brolley@redhat.com
Wed Mar 28 08:56:00 GMT 2001


Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

> Hi -
> 
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 06:39:47PM -0500, Dave Brolley wrote:
> : [...]
> : Notes:
> : 1)  I actually implemented the selector to choose "downstream1" when the 
> : pin value is even and "downstream2" otherwise. [...]
> 
> To me, this seems like an unnecessary feature; I'd let the client pick
> exactly 0 or 1.

ok -- just trying to be too clever, I guess. How about 0 vs non-zero? I 
think there should be some defined behavior for all values. Updated 
patch attached.

> : 2) I left the mux_passthrough_bus::switch_bus function in since it still 
> : seems like useful functionality for other subclasses.
> 
> Hmm.  For what it's worth, I wouldn't have put the mux_passthrough
> thingie into sid/include/ at all.  It looks like a specialized enough
> piece of code that I'd have kept it inside the source directory of
> the appropriate glue component.

I didn't move it. It was already there. Feel free to move it if you like.

> : OK to commit?
> 
> Sure; up to you if you want to take my mild objections into consideration.

Of course, as always....

Dave


More information about the Sid mailing list