Sourceware / GNU Toolchain at Cauldron

Ian Kelling iank@fsf.org
Fri Sep 16 21:10:25 GMT 2022

The message was accidentally not plain text, I'm replying just to make a
plain text version so it is readable in the archive:

Zoë Kooyman via Overseers <overseers@sourceware.org> writes:

Hi all,

We are aware that several presentations will be given at Cauldron this
weekend proposing new ways to support the Sourceware project and the GNU
Toolchain packages hosted there.

The FSF has been a fiscal sponsor to the GNU Toolchain for several years
(and continues to be), and has been grateful to have Sourceware
providing development infrastructure using free software. Unfortunately,
we won't have staff present at Cauldron, but we are keeping up with the
development of the various proposals and talking with people involved,
as well as seeing how we might be able to offer support to help make
good things happen.

We want Sourceware and the GNU packages it hosts to have stable homes
and strong futures in freedom. We expect the conversations in the next
few days to be open and transparent and involving the community, and
look forward to discussing the best way(s) forward in the coming weeks.