CVS corruption?

Jeffrey A Law law@redhat.com
Mon Mar 5 10:01:00 GMT 2001


  In message < 20010302101135.A22602@shell17.ba.best.com >you write:
  > It's been truncated.  I only looked it over briefly, but it looks
  > like revisions 1.1.1.5 - 1.1.1.9 have been lost.  The 1.1.1.x series
  > were gcc2 imports that Jeff Law was doing back in 1999.  Only cvs
  > commands that parse the entire file, such as cvs annotate or cvs
  > log, will notice the problem.
On a positive note, I happen to have (via cvsup which hasn't run in a while)
a copy of that file that hasn't been corrupted.  I can use it to recreate
the goof'd stuff.

  > Be sure to verify that the 1.1.1.5-9 revisions are the only ones that
  > have been lost.  I only did a brief inspection.
How did you do this?  I don't mind grubbing through it, but without some
clue what to look for it might be tough given the size of the ChangeLog,v
file :-)

  > I can't guess why this file was truncated.  The file at Yahoo which
  > were truncated had all been truncated long before I got there, and
  > given the state of the cvs server when I arrived, I'd suspect that
  > the repository disk filled up.  Obviously the repository disk on
  > sourceware hasn't filled up, and I don't remember disk space ever
  > being an issue on the CVS partition on the previous sourceware
  > hardware.
There's been bugs in CVS before which would exhibit similar behavior, but
I thought they were fixed long ago.

jeff



More information about the Overseers mailing list