Question about autoreconf to regenerate configuration files

R. Diez rdiezmail-newlib@yahoo.de
Sun Feb 20 09:51:58 GMT 2022

> [...]
> things are looking up.  with all my pending changes, we have 1 configure script
> in newlib and no recursive makes.
>
> $ time (cd newlib && autoreconf)
> real    0m8.740s

I am grateful that you are doing this work. The old build system was horrible.

> generating autotools is now slightly faster that compiling 8 copies of
> newlib+libgloss :).  not that i'm advocating for changing anything :P.

Well, that's a pity. If we are down to 16 seconds for both newlib and libgloss together, I would say that performance is no longer a good reason to check in all those Autotools files.

Regards,
   rdiez