Question about autoreconf to regenerate configuration files

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de
Thu Feb 17 06:56:36 GMT 2022

Hello Mike,

On 17/02/2022 06:18, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> we can see that killing excessive configure scripts & recursive makes helps
> with compilation times too.
>
> $ time (cd build; ../configure --host=bfin-elf; make -j4)
> real    0m28.831s
> user    0m34.828s
> sys     0m23.093s
>
> generating autotools is now slightly faster that compiling 8 copies of
> newlib+libgloss :).  not that i'm advocating for changing anything :P.

thanks a lot for cleaning up the build system. I always had trouble to
understand how it works and your changes are really helpful (for example
the removal of the libtool support). Speeding up the build is nice.

--
embedded brains GmbH
Herr Sebastian HUBER

Registergericht: Amtsgericht München