Question about autoreconf to regenerate configuration files

Matthew Joyce matthew.joyce@embedded-brains.de
Fri Jan 21 12:32:44 GMT 2022

Hello,

I am working with Sebastian Huber on the previously-discussed
thread-local objects configuration option. If I may, I'd like to ask a
question about regenerating the configuration files.

I added a new source file which defines one of these tls objects in
libc/errno/ and added the file to the LIB_SOURCES in errno/Makefile.am.
I then ran autoreconf in the libc directory.

nm shows me that the new object is defined in the symbol table, but I
have also unwittingly modified well over 100 files (numerous
Makefile.in, aclocal.m4, and configure files).

I'd like to understand: Is this expected or desirable? Should I not be
using autoreconf for this?

Thank you very much for your time!

Sincerely,

Matt