Properly building newlib to install spec files

Mojca Miklavec mojca@macports.org
Sun Oct 20 15:40:00 GMT 2019

Hi,

I'm sorry for replying after such a long time, but I could not exactly
figure out what I was doing wrong until Joel today pointed out a dirty
simple little trick: I just had to make a symlink from gcc sources to
libgloss in order to install all the spec files ... and that solution
automatically worked, without the need to rebuild gcc the second time
(which would cause me a lot of headaches both in terms of
bootstrapping and compile times).

So basically just a matter of
    cd gcc-9.2.0
    ln -s ../newlib-3.1.0/libgloss .

We were already using
    ln -s ../newlib-3.1.0/newlib .
just not the libgloss thing.

It would be awesome if this was documented somewhere for complete newbies :)

I'll update all our cross-compilers to fix this.

Thank you very much,
    Mojca