Cannot build Newlib on a Linux PC

Keith Packard keithp@keithp.com
Fri Sep 28 06:40:00 GMT 2018


"R. Diez via newlib" <newlib@sourceware.org> writes:

> Hi all:
>
> I already asked this question here before, but got no answer at all:
>
> https://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2018/msg00794.html
>
> I am getting desperate. I created a 32-bit (i686) Ubuntu MATE virtual 
> machine for the sole purpose of building Newlib, in case it was getting 
> confused because of the 64/32-bit multiarch, but it is failing in the 
> same place.

I ended up creating a parallel meson-based build system to replace the
aging autotools infrastructure. Now I can build newlib in 64-bit mode
too for testing. It doesn't have syscall support, so it's not an
actually useful library, but I've kludged enough stuff to test
printf/scanf

        https://keithp.com/cgit/newlib.git/

-- 
-keith
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 832 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20180928/aff49713/attachment.sig>


More information about the Newlib mailing list