[PATCH] _lseek missing return type
Jaap de Wolff
info@jasoon.nl
Fri Feb 9 18:06:00 GMT 2018
> -----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
> Van: newlib-owner@sourceware.org [mailto:newlib-owner@sourceware.org]
> Namens Corinna Vinschen
> Verzonden: Friday, February 9, 2018 6:31 PM
> Aan: newlib@sourceware.org
> Onderwerp: Re: [PATCH] _lseek missing return type
>
> On Feb 9 09:40, Jaap de Wolff wrote:
> > In syscalls _lseek was missing a return type
> >
> > Jaap de Wolff
> >
> > diff --git a/libgloss/arm/syscalls.c b/libgloss/arm/syscalls.c index
> > 8163c7983..5548dcfb3 100644
> > --- a/libgloss/arm/syscalls.c
> > +++ b/libgloss/arm/syscalls.c
> > @@ -493,6 +493,7 @@ _swilseek (int fd,
> > return -1;
> > }
> >
> > +int
> > _lseek (int fd,
> > int ptr,
> > int dir)
> >
>
> I'm somewhat aghast at this. lseek is supposed to return off_t and the ptr
> parameter should be off_t as well. Shouldn't this be fixed the right way?
>
>
> Thanks,
> Corinna
>
> --
> Corinna Vinschen
> Cygwin Maintainer
> Red Hat
I was just following the definition which I did find in the same file, on line 40:
int _lseek (int, int, int);
However, I agree that we should do this the right way.
I will take all your comment into account, and after I have reviewed my own modifications based on your suggestions, I will sent all patches in the git format-patch format.
Jaap de Wolff
More information about the Newlib
mailing list