Importing inttypes methods

Aditya Upadhyay aadit0402@gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 21:24:00 GMT 2017


This is the modified patches for inttypes methods. I have changed the
method name with trailing _l . Do i need to send the patch for imaxabs
and imaxdiv method again ? I am attaching patch v2 for strtoimax,
strtoumax, wcstoimax and wcstoumax.
Please review the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Aditya Upadhyay

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 5:32 PM, Aditya Upadhyay <aadit0402@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 4:38 PM, Corinna Vinschen <vinschen@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 26 01:20, Aditya Upadhyay wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> I have ported the inttypes methods from freeBSD. I have made all the
>>> possible changes whatever my mentors suggested me. I am requesting you
>>> to please review the same. Is this ok for master ?
>>
>> The patches apply and build.  This looks 99% good now, thank you.
>>
> Thanks.
>> Just one last minor problem, which is my fault, not yours:
>>
>> You named the reentrant functions _strtoimax_r, _wcstoumax_r, etc.,
>> which is basically right.
>>
>> However, the *other*, equivalent reentrant, locale-specific functions
>> for other datatypes are all named with a trailing l: _strtol_l,
>> _wcstoull_l, etc.  In retrospect, this wasn't the brightest idea,
>> but the API has been exported this way, so I'm reluctant to change
>> it after the fact.
>>
>> Would you mind to call your new functions with trailing 'l' rather
>> than 'r', too, to use the same naming convention, please?
>>
> I will keep your points in mind whenever i will port a new function.
>> Oh, btw., please make sure the patches have no trailing whitespace.
>> That's not really a problem, but `git am' complains about them.
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Corinna
>>
>> --
>> Corinna Vinschen
>> Cygwin Maintainer
>> Red Hat
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: v2-0001-importing-strtoimax-inttypes-methods-with-fixed-t.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 2344 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20170726/101e69cd/attachment.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: v2-0002-importing-strtoumax-inttypes-methods-with-fixed-t.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 2511 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20170726/101e69cd/attachment-0001.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: v2-0003-importing-wcstoimax-inttypes-methods-with-fixed-t.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 2537 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20170726/101e69cd/attachment-0002.bin>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: v2-0004-importing-wcstoumax-inttypes-methods-with-fixed-t.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 2365 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20170726/101e69cd/attachment-0003.bin>


More information about the Newlib mailing list