Does newlib build from git master
Joel Sherrill
joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Thu Feb 25 19:49:00 GMT 2016
On 2/25/2016 1:39 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com> wrote:
>> The _newlib_version.h file is being generated fine. Your test appears to be accessing the newlib source directory
>> so I am guessing this test is run prior to newlib being built or you have not rebuilt newlib but refreshed the
>> source. Am I correct?
>
> Oh Both Joel and I are doing combined builds. Since libgcc uses
> newlib headers before newlib is configure, a combined build does not
> work any more.
Thanks Andrew for the quick reply. I am indeed doing a combined build.
When you think you have it working Jeff, I am happy to test again.
> Thanks,
> Andrew
>
>>
>> -- Jeff J.
>>
>> ----- Original Message -----
>>> I'll look at it. I checked in the patch. Probably messed something up in
>>> regeneration.
>>>
>>> -- Jeff J.
>>>
>>> ----- Original Message -----
>>>> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:45 AM, Joel Sherrill
>>>> <joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com> wrote:
>>>>> Hi
>>>>>
>>>>> I just tried to build the master and got this error.
>>>>>
>>>>> /home/joel/test-gcc/gcc/newlib/libc/include/sys/features.h:28:29: fatal
>>>>> error: _newlib_version.h: No such file or directory
>>>>> #include <_newlib_version.h>
>>>>>
>>>>> Is something not regenerated in git or am I having some other weird local
>>>>> error.
>>>>
>>>> I noticed that failure too when I was accidentally compiled the trunk
>>>> rather than my local branch.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Andrew
>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Thanks.
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
>>>>> joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
>>>>> Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35806
>>>>> Support Available (256) 722-9985
>>>>
>>>
--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35806
Support Available (256) 722-9985
More information about the Newlib
mailing list