Infineon xc16x support

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Thu Dec 10 20:03:00 GMT 2009

On 04/12/09 12:34 PM, Conny Marco Menebröcker wrote:
>   On Sunday 15 November 2009 10:38:52 Conny Marco Menebröcker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> sorry my first patch file was defect.
>> I've got problems sending my patch as atachment. The last mails got all
>>   lost, without any debounce mail. So please donload the file:
>>
>> http://www.menebroecker-web.de/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/newlib_xc16x.tar.
>> gz
>>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Conny
>>

> Hi,
>
> please review my patch.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Conny

Patch has been committed with the following changes:

putchar.c has been moved to libc/machine/xc16x and its prototype has
been changed to accept an int rather than a char, per ANSI.

puts.c has also been moved libc/machine/xc16x.

You should understand that the shared putchar macro in stdio.h will get
invoked by any user including stdio.h unless they surround the function
call with parentheses or #undef the macro.  It calls putc() which
eventually will end up using your write syscall in libgloss.  I'm not
sure why you chose to override this particular function by itself other
than a possible performance improvement or experiment, but be aware of
the previous information.  If it was only meant as an experiment, feel
free to request it being removed.

I regenerated the autotool files locally.

Regards,