arm-elf thumb-2 issue in newlib or gas?

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Apr 29 23:05:00 GMT 2008

Hi Andreas,

>> Darn - OK, changing the assembler is easy, but I have no idea how the
>> new ARMv7 special purpose registers (and stacks) should be initialized.
>>  Do you know ?  If not then we can just suppress the offending code for
>> __thumb2__, but that is far from ideal.
>
> Unfortunately not, we've just started to look at cortex-m3.

OK, well the crt0.S will work if used in User mode, so I am going to
check in these patches for now.  At some point in the future I will look
at how we should be initializing the interrupt stack pointers.

Cheers
   Nick

newlib/ChangeLog
2008-04-25  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* libc/machine/arm/setjmp.S: Fix thumb2 support.

libgloss/ChangeLog
2008-04-25  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* arm/crt0.S: Allow assembly under ARMv7 ISA.  Support for
	initializing stack pointers for interrupt modes is still pending.