Bug (?) in sprintf family?

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 23:00:00 GMT 2008


Jonathan S. Shapiro wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-09 at 15:36 -0400, Jeff Johnston wrote:
>   
>> Please try the attached patch.  It disconnects the sprintf and sscanf 
>> family of functions from bringing in all the I/O stuff.  This is 
>> especially useful since tzset drags in sscanf.
>>
>> If I missed something, let me know.
>>
>> -- Jeff J.
>>     
>
> Jeff:
>
> Since the separation of sprintf/scanf from the I/O stuff isn't part of
> the C library specification, this patch doesn't really do me any good.
> In fact, I'ld prefer that it not be applied. Had this patch already been
> applied when I started, it would have had the effect of obscuring a bug.
>
> shap
>
>   
Regardless of your needs, I believe it would be useful for platforms 
that are size-constrained as it can lower the size of a module.

-- Jeff J.



More information about the Newlib mailing list