Check for makeinfo >4.9 fails

Jeff Johnston jjohnstn@redhat.com
Sat Oct 13 15:14:00 GMT 2007


Hi Arnold,

  A fix was posted on Sep 17th for the problem you noted so a patch is 
not needed in the repository.  It will be in the next newlib snapshot.

Thanks,

-- Jeff J.

Per Arnold Blåsmo wrote:
> In newlib configure it is a test for makeinfo version larger than 4.4.
> On my Fedora7 distro texinfo got updated to version 4.11, and then this
> test failed.
>
> In 1.15.0 ./configure.in line 2236 this reads:
>
>     if ${MAKEINFO} --version \
>        | egrep 'texinfo[^0-9]*([1-3][0-9]|4\.[4-9]|[5-9])' >/dev/null
> 2>&1; then
>       :
> Changeing it to:
>     if ${MAKEINFO} --version \
>        | egrep 'texinfo[^0-9]*([1-3][0-9]|4\.[4-9]|[5-9]|4\.1[0-9])'
>   
>> /dev/null 2>&1; then
>>     
>       :
> fixes the problem.
> I guess there could be a more generic test, but...
>
> I do not have right do do any changes in any repository, so I hope some
> that has can fix it.
> Regards
> Per A.
>
>   



More information about the Newlib mailing list