Problem with --enable-target-optspace

Artur Lipowski LAL@pro.onet.pl
Thu Aug 2 18:51:00 GMT 2007


Jeff Johnston wrote:
>   You can add flags by specifying TARGET_CFLAGS=xxxx on your make 
> invocation.  The makefiles in the lower levels have:
...

Thanks a lot it works very nice.


> For things such as -DREENTRANT_SYSCALLS_PROVIDED, unless you are doing 
> an experiment, this should be something you put in your platform's 
> newlib_cflags setting in newlib/configure.host

Yes it is an experiment with small ARM7 platforms.
I think than even when experiment will be finished I will stay with using 
TARGET_CFLAGS. I am working with a few "flavors" of the mentioned 
microcontrollers and instead of keeping many versions of "tuned" newlib I'd 
rather prefer to do automatic build (very easy now when you explained me 
TARGET_CFLAGS) and do it every time when I switch platform (it takes less than 2 
minutes).

Regards,
-- 
Artur Lipowski



More information about the Newlib mailing list