How do I point out OS includes? -- Or how to Build My Own SDK using Newlib

Duane Ellis duane@duaneellis.com
Thu Apr 19 10:16:00 GMT 2007

Dave Korn wrote:
>  [snip] Or configure gcc using "--with-gnu-as=/my/tool/dir/bin/foo-as

I've also been burned by GCC's fix_headers - ie:

And - the "-with-some-tool=FOO" ends up creating a shell script that
re-executes the tool in it's other place.

Or - depending on PATH.... agh....

My problem with all of that is - complete tool set consistency.

ie: Headers - that Match the Compiler- That Match the library.

If I have to trust your $PATH - then I cannot TRUST you have it
installed correctly.

I have been burned - burned so many times that I take no prisoners... I
give no quarter.

A fundamental requirement I have is release control, you type "make" -
you get a ROM image.

I can type Make - and get the *exact* same identical byte for byte rom
image - with ONE SINGLE exception.
The Date/Time stamp in the rom image header.

For me, that is he holy grail of release management.

-Duane.