[patch] Fix for libgloss/m68k

Masaki Muranaka monaka@monami-software.com
Mon Oct 9 13:33:00 GMT 2006


Hello Maintainers,

As I has reported, the mainline of libgloss/m68k was failed
to build on gcc 3.4.x.
(I've never tested on 4.x yet, but I guess 4.x is similar.)

It was caused by two reasons:
1. BDM uses halt instruction but some of m68k architectures
    don't support it.
2. CC in m68k-elf/*/libgloss/Makefile is overridden by
    libgloss/Makefile. So subdirs which accept halt was
    also built without -m{arch} option.

Attachment is a patch.

The best way to fix reason 2 is to edit libgloss/Makefile,
but I didn't. Could someone try to fix?

- - - -
libgloss/ChangeLog
2006-10-07  Masaki Muranaka  <monaka@monami-software.com>

	* m68k/Makefile.in: Add override directive to
	CC, AS, AR, LD, RANLIB.
	Add @bdm_comment@
	* m68k/configure.in: Add check whether CC supports
	halt instruction
	* m68k/configure: Regeneraete.
- - - -
--
Masaki Muranaka
Monami software

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: libgloss-m68k.patch
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 5508 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/newlib/attachments/20061009/02962f46/attachment.obj>
-------------- next part --------------



More information about the Newlib mailing list